25 Ideas For a Healthier Workplace
Workplace Wellness Programs have a multitude of benefits including decreased healthcare costs, decreased absenteeism, increased productivity, and a healthier and happier workforce. Here are 25 ideas to help make your workplace healthier:
- Put in a walking trail around building.
- Offer flexible lunch periods to encourage walking groups.
- Put up signs showing how many calories burned by taking stairs.
- Replace candy bowls with fruit bowls.
- Remove soda from break room.
- Form a employer sponsored softball or kickball team.
- Provide employees with fitness trackers such as the YOO from A Stronger Workplace!
- Participate in community walks and 5ks.
- Ask your vending machine company to add healthy foods.
- Put together a company “Healthy Recipes” cookbook with favorite healthy recipes from employees.
- Offer a Nutrition Lunch and Learn from A Stronger Workplace.
- Add a “Trail Mix Bar” or a “Smoothie Bar” to the break room.
- Coordinate a cooking class event for employees.
- Reward hardworking employees by bringing in a massage therapist for Chair Massages.
- Offer a Stress Management Lunch & Learn from A Stronger Workplace.
- Email employees health tips.
- Add encouraging and motivational quotes around office.
- Provide Smoking Cessation programs.
- Create Wellness Challenges (available through A Stronger Workplace) and provide incentives.
- Provide a Workplace Wellness bulletin board with health tips and recognition of employees making healthier efforts.
- Create a Wellness Newsletter sent out Monthly or Quarterly.
- Conduct a Health Fair or a Biometric Screening with Wellness Give Aways. Available through A Stronger Workplace.
- Provide office water coolers to encourage hydration.
- Teach employees how to stretch and exercise at desk (ASW Lunch & Learn).
- Create a Health and Wellness display in reception or lobby area with brochures and handouts for employees to take with them.
A Stronger Workplace is a vendor for workplace wellness needs. Services and products include Wellness Challenges, Biometric Screenings, Lunch & Learns, YOO Fitness Trackers, and Personalized Training Programs. Please email Megan@astrongerworkplace.com or call 770-617-3366 to learn more!