No Gym? No Problem! The Home Gym Basics
Gym memberships are a wonderful thing! But lets face it – for a lot of us our schedules are so busy that driving to the gym, working out, and then driving back home just simply eats too much time up in the day. And then, if we don’t make it to the gym, we tend to skip our workouts for that day. If you find yourself in this situation you may want to set up a Home Gym.
Here are our recommended Home Gym Basics:
- Dumbbells– $7.99 and Up Dumbbells are the most essential item to a home gym! If you are just starting out we suggest you get smaller weights like the ones found here. The Power Block Adjustable Dumbbell is a great option (and space saver) as well! Having access to dumbbells make the possibilities endless when it comes to variety of exercises.
- Pull Up Bar- $26.99 So many exercises in additions to Pull Ups can be done on a pull up bar! Having one in your home will be a great addition to your workouts. Here is one that we recommend!
- Stretchy Bands $12.95 Stretchy Exercise Bands can add a lot to a workout. We like the Loop Bands best found here.
- Yoga Mat-$17.95 If you do not have carpet, you may want to consider investing in a yoga mat.
- Medicine Ball- $24.99 A medicine ball will take your workouts to the next level! For women we suggest 6lb – 12lb medicine balls and for males we suggest 10-20lb medicine balls.
- Training Program – $50/Month Once you have your Home Gym equipment, we highly suggest you try our Remote Personal Training program! Learn new exercises, stay motivated, and follow a plan designed specifically for you based on your goals and the equipment you have access to. No contract. Buy month to month or for a year – its up to you! Learn more here and follow the steps to register.
If you found this post useful please share! Contact Megan@astrongerworkplace.com for any questions regarding A Stronger Workplace’s Remote Personal Training Programs or Worksite Wellness Services.