6 Health Tips for Summer Time!
It is summer and time for warmer and brighter days! Here are some tips to help you stay healthy and enjoy this summer to the fullest!
- Eat Local and Shop Farmers Markets – Farmers markets are in full swing as the summer kicks off. Eat local and fresh foods by getting your produce from nearby farmers markets. Click here to find the Farmers Markets near you!
- Protect Yourself from the Sun – Protect your skin and your eyes every single day. Be sure to apply sunscreen first thing in the morning, wear sunglasses every time you step outside, and for extra protection wear a hat whenever you are engaging in outdoor activities. Our favorite natural and safe sunscreens are Thinksport and Raw Sunscreen. Also, be sure to choose sunglasses that block ultra violent rays such as these from Maui Jim.
- Vacation –Take a vacation and relax! This will help reduce stress hormones like cortisol and lower blood pressure. Escape to a beach, lake, mountains, or somewhere with natural beauty to disconnect from busy chaos and recharge your batteries. The health benefits are endless both physically and mentally!
- Get Dirty – Another way to connect with nature is to get your hands in some dirt to help you be “grounded”. Plant a small garden, a flower box, or perhaps some indoor pots if space is limited. Being “grounded” has endless benefits to your health as well. Check out Dr. Axe’s book Eat Dirt to learn more!
- Exercise Outside – There is no better time to get outside for exercise! Go hiking, take a bike ride, or swim! If you need some ideas, check out this blog post titled: Fun Ways to Exercise!
- Stay Hydrated – Being outside in the summer heat can dehydrate you quickly without even realizing it! Keep a large water bottle with you at all times and remember to sip throughout your day. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty – you may already be dehydrated. If you plan to be outside for a long period of time – take a hydration pack with you like the Camelback MULE. Staying hydrated will keep you feeling good all summer long!
How do you like to stay healthy during the summer? Let us know in the comments box below!